Another Cross-platform Messaging App, KakaoTalk, Launched For Windows Phone
Remember KakaoTalk? It’s a cross-platform messaging app, and they just launched their app for Windows Phone. Featuring a unique “Draw with Fingers” feature, KakaoTalk tries to standout from the rest. Just how well it does, we’ll see in a quick review a couple of days.
Here’s a list of KakaoTalk’s features:
- Cross platform messaging application (WP, iPhone, Android, Blackberrry & BADA)
- Overhauled KakaoTalk’s design with WP’s metro look
- Group chat with unlimited number of friends
- Unique ‘Draw With Fingers’ feature allows user to send hand drawn messages to friends. Only available on Windows Phone version
- KakaoTalk automatically syncs with device’s phonebook to transfer all contacts to user’s KakaoTalk
- Pin chat rooms
- Easier menu transition with pivot style maneuvering
- Supports both horizontal & vertical display mode
- Supports jump-list index to search through contact list easier
- Various types of message alert sound
- Various types of Emoticons to express user’s feelings are available
- User can set their own profile photo and status update on their mini profile
The “Draw with Fingers” feature seems interesting, really. No other app offers anything like this, and KakaoTalk says that this feature is exclusive in the Windows Phone version. It’ll come to other versions, eventually, but hey, something unique at launch is a good thing! Better than the competitor’s policies of launching inferior versions first, anyway.