LG Optimus Black starts receiving the Gingebread updates at last
LG Optimus Black, the LG smartphone with the brightest screen has finally received the Gingerbread update. GSM Arena is reporting that this update, V2.3.4, is available only for Indian and European customers.
Gingerbread adds a lot of now standard functionality to the Android powered smartphone from LG. LG has also released a change log for the new update, it essentially lists the following benefits -
- Improved power management
- Enhanced mobile gaming experience
- Improved UI to enable faster access and control and a more intuitive user experience
- One-touch word selection and copy/paste:
- Better Download management
- Support for new media formats such as AAC, AVC, MPEG 4 and H.263
- New features and other improvements: active app management, shortcuts, widgets, icons, app groups, updated calendar options, camera geotagging, better email synching and more precise camera auto-focus.
- App updates and pre-loaded Google+ app
While we’re happy that LG has decided to update the phone? It makes us wonder why has it pushed a V2.3.4 update when 2.3.7 is the latest version on Gingerbread?
However, the good news is that the Optimus Black will receive the ICS update, somewhere in Q3 of 2012-2013.