Ovi Maps Updated to 3.07
Nokia Ovi Maps Beta has been updated to 3.07. Now open maps, Drive, Check-in and see guides with just a tap from your homescreen. Ovi Maps Beta 3.07 is currently available for only Symbian^3 devices such as N8, E7, C7, C6-01, E6, X7.
What’s in 3.06?
- Open Maps, Drive, Check in and Guides with a just tap on your home screen.
- Search now includes a tab for favourites. Predictive search also works offline.
- Place pages have a new design including a new image gallery, user reviews, descriptions by business owners, leading guides and local content providers, e.g. TripAdvisor, HRS, Expedia additionally to Lonely Planet, Michelin guides, TimeOut, Qype and WCities.
- Easily change the map views in Drive navigation by tapping the views icon. You can pan the map to see the next move and explore the map within the route overview.
- Tap on Guides and immediately see the weather forecast for your location or another city.
Smart innovation from previous releases
- Save on data costs when home or abroad. Download the latest country maps with Update via Wi-Fi. With pre-loaded maps on your Nokia, your map experience is faster and you can use the core features also offline: map exploration, positioning, search, interaction with places, routing, route recalculation, Walk and Drive navigation.
- See what maps you’ve already downloaded and check back for regular map updates.
- Find recommended places near you when you’re browsing a Place or Address page.
- Search and interact with places also when using Maps offline: contact, navigate via Walk or Drive, see on the map, save as a favourite and share. Just pre-load your country maps via Wi-Fi using Update.
- Check in to places privately or publicly by sharing it on social networks: Foursquare, Facebook, Twitter, Qype, Friendster, LiveJournal, Hyves, studiVZ, Kaixin001, RenRen. You’re fully in control when sharing your location. Choose a place from the list to check in or add it as a public place if it’s missing. See the places you’ve been to in your check in history.
Please note after install all your previous map data will be removed. Download latest maps data using Wifi or Ovi Suite, in case if you are downloading via Ovi Suite make you run Ovi Maps 3.07 once and then download.