Samsung is aware of the Galaxy S3 ‘melting’ issue
Yes, that’s what Samsung is saying! Apparently a Samsung Galaxy S3 buyer in Dublin reported yesterday that his Samsung Galaxy S3 just caught fire on its own, while it was in his holster.
Here’s some photos of the white S3 after the fire taken by the owner.
I’m quoting him as is below -
So I driving along today with my Galaxy S3 in my car mount when suddenly a white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone.
I pulled in to look at my phone, the phone burned from the inside out. Burned through the plastic and melted my case to my phone. The phone kept working but without any signal.
I brought it to the carphone warehouse and they told me that they couldnt replace it for me that they had to send it off to be checked out first. No even replacement phone, left with nothing.
The phone was destroyed and it slightly burned a piece of plastic on the inside of my car.
And they are refusing to give me a replacement they had to send it off. Probably nothing I can do, but Im really annoyed. That could have burned the side of my face or through my pocket and my leg, or set fire to my bed. Its very dangerous.
The phone obviously has been sent from CPW to Samsung, but they are yet to receive it. Samsung acknowledged that they’ve been made aware of the issue and will begin investigating how the hottest phone from Android became, well, so hot!
What ever may be the case, the incident is certainly not good news for Samsung and it’s flagship device!